1.31.2011

Show Off

sparkly yarn!
The other day as I was working on my Turmeric, the hubby asked me why I spent so much time knitting sweaters but never wear them. That took me a little by surprise because I do wear them. But on further reflection, maybe not as often as I should. For me, process overrides product. For example, I love all the stages of knitting a sweater. There's the planning stage where I research all the different incarnations of a particular pattern on ravelry and daydream about what my sweater would look and feel like with a particular yarn. There's the gathering stage where I decide on the yarn, needles and notions for the sweater. And then there's the actual knitting of the sweater with all the excitement of casting on, the agony of knitting the wrong gauge and ripping back, the frustration of misreading a line in the pattern and ripping back, the curses and tears......., ok deep breath, the calmness of getting back on track and discovering that yes! it's really going to fit!, the feeling of pride and accomplishment in making something with my own two hands. Well, after that whole process, maybe I should take my hubby's advice and show it off a little. Here I am in the Leaf Yoke top that I had knitted during the summer of 2009. Even though I was happy with the finished sweater, it has only been worn twice. But when warmer weather comes around, it will be in heavy rotation in my wardrobe. Time to show it off.

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely sweater. I hadn't seen that one before, I may have to stick it in my fave's. It really suits you and it should definitely be worn more than twice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is gorgeous! I agree with crafty, it's going into my faves too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Worn only twice! If I made that I'd wear it every day! The lace shoulders is ingenious. It looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! I tend to make shawls but not to wear them very often -- I am trying to change that. On the other hand, I could use more sweaters but have only made one so far.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should be showing that off, it came out beautiful. Perfect fit too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is really wonderful! I can agree completely with the excitement of makings things, I'm the same way. Found your blog through FO Fridays.
    http://mcgreenexperience.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. That top is beautiful. And it looks great on you. I'm with you on being a process knitter!

    ReplyDelete

I would ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ to hear from you!