8.03.2011

Loose Ends

At this point in the year, I always have more projects on the needles than I can handle. So August has been designated "the cleanup month". I will be trying to tie up some loose ends before September, which is when the fall sweater knitting starts. Some projects in need of a little bit of work to be finished include:


Stripe study: a few inches of the border to knit, weaving in ends and blocking.


Grapevine: weaving in ends and blocking.


Vitamin D: two sleeves to knit, weaving in ends and blocking. I wish I was the type of forward thinking knitter who weaves in ends as she goes. But no, I am and will probably always be a procrastinator. You can spot me by the gazillion strands of yarn ends hanging out of my project bags or by a pesky bear still nagging me for some limbs. I think Henry might be a little jealous of the finished kitty (full reveal will be in a few weeks after I knit three or four more).


Go check out WIP Wednesday with Tami's Amis for some fun projects from the coolest bloggers around.

10 comments:

  1. I love the idea of a clean up month! Good luck! The finished kitty look very interesting, can't wait to see him finished! Henry looks good too but maybe in need of some eyes if not limbs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pieces are soooo close! Just go ahead and finish em already! You will have a few weeks of FO Fridays right there!
    Love the Vitamin D!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Pesky bear nagging for limbs...." haha! Sort of like when my yarn talks to me when I'm knitting it into the wrong thing!

    Everything looks lovely! Love the little bear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all so pretty it would be a shame not to finish them. We will cheer you on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry I had to rush away for a minute to add Vitamin D to my queue. Yours is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8/03/2011

    These photos are so intriguing! I can't wait to see what all of the FOs look like :D very inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your photos! I just added Vitamin D to my queue. This is the dangerous part of WIP Wednesdays, I go visit everyone and find all sort of other things to make! Can't wait to see your FOs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clean up month sounds like an excellent idea, especially when some of it is only blocking and weaving. I hate weaving in ends too (and never do it as I go along!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What wonderful WIPs. I especially love your new kitty...can't wait for the big reveal!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here kitty kitty...I have to see the kitty... :)

    ReplyDelete

I would ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ to hear from you!