2.27.2013

a letter to february


Dear February,

You and I have just not gotten along. You started with a round of colds and ended with a week of flu. But despite the ill will, I am ready to set aside our differences because there were still little glimmers of comfort to be found. Having a constant supply of warming soups, stews, tea and hot chocolate wasn't so bad. And cuddling in bed underneath a mountain of blankets at night while watching episode after episode of Friday Night Lights was pretty fun. I even managed to find the energy to start a new comfy sweater. So even though you will never be a month that I look forward to, I bid you a fond adieu until next year. Spring is coming!


(linking up with WIP Wednesday)

5 comments:

  1. I thought maybe February killed your knitting mojo and you were left with half a sweater! Hope all will be well in March. Ours might come in like a lion! brrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snuggling under blankets watching TV does sound pretty nice :) Lovely sweater, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thankfully February was short (er).....and March will march in with good vibes and healthy times I hope. And....you will most likely have a new sweater in March! Wooohooo! I'm really liking that one, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, February can be a very naughty month! Love your WIP so far. I'm thinking of casting on something very similar to enjoy in the spring months when the weather is unpredictable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. February and I didn't get along wither (despite the month including my brithday and my boyfriend's birthday - I think I'm moving mine to June next year!)

    Spring is coming though, and will probably still provide plenty of blanket snuggling weather!

    ReplyDelete

I would ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ to hear from you!