6.21.2013

summer aranami shawl


vanilla custard ice cream with candy sprinkles, sidewalk chalk, bicycle rides, the seaside...I wanted all of these favorite summertime things to be represented in my Aranami Shawl. Therefore, what seems to be some crazy color choices...


...actually makes perfect sense to me! Knitting on this shawl was very enjoyable since I am a big fan of garter stitch when combined with fun colorplay. The only drawback to this pattern were the many yarn ends that required weaving in. The best part was being able to use up some of my knit picks palette stash. If given the chance, I would not hesitate to knit this shawl again using Brooklyn Tweed LOFT. I love the one that Olga made in grey...a winter version might be written in the stars.




(linking up with FO Friday)

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful! What lovely colors:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done, as always. Your zingy color choices completely transform the look of this shawl, which is a personal favorite. And now, I can't wait to see the winter version you might produce.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome shawl! This has been in my queue for a while, I will have to cast on for one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, fun shawl! I love all the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the color choices. Very fun piece!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty; I especially like the way the colours mix in that last photo. Very brave choices!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous6/21/2013

    Nice! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, it's simply AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your shawl's colour combo and the story that it tells. And it looks great on you. Win!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! I see popsicles and pavements, chalk and pool water in that shawl so it screams summer to me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is great! The bright pink is the only color that strikes me as unexpected in this combo, the rest all work together to describe summer perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. a shawl that tells a story!!! I truly love it!!! it turned out perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've always been entranced by this shawl. I can completely visualize your inspiration in the colorways - it's perfect & makes for a very modern shawl. How is knitting it - is it rather difficult?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The pattern is extremely easy. You are basically knitting lots and lots of triangles.

      Delete
  14. So pretty, these colors are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty! I love your color choices.

    ReplyDelete

I would ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ to hear from you!