7.23.2015

colors of summer







Started some new projects! The Shelter is for the third hat in the fringehatalong. I figured I should finish this one before the fourth pattern is announced in August. So far so good. I love lace patterns that are simple to memorize. Just finished with the lace back panel for the Morning Mist tee. A little concerned about how big it's looking, so planning on giving it a good soak and then some time in the dryer. My past experiences with Hempathy is that it tightens up a bit after a wash and dry. Fingers crossed!

There are lots of marigolds popping up in the garden. The tomatoes are also starting to come in. I should keep better notes of what varieties were planted. One tomato plant that I thought were just of the plain cherry variety are coming up a rose color. Pretty and sweet but I have no idea what kind they are. I also need to trim out my hydrangea bushes. They are taking over the front yard!

And as you can probably figure out from the Camp Tolt goodies: 1) I went on a little shopping spree 2) which might have involved the purchasing of some yarn and 3) another item can be checked off the summer bucket list. I hope that you too are enjoying every minute of this beautiful summer :)

8 comments:

  1. shopping spree of the very best kind!!! :) I downloaded the hat when it first came out.....and haven't gotten around to it yet. :( For once, I have so many things going and I want to knit on all of them!!! In a real happy (knitting) place. Didn't like the first two hats nearly as much as this one (although I didn't knit them).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, that yarn fairly shimmers!!! And I love that needle gauge. Goodies are so.......GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like you are having an awesome summer!! And casting on for new projects is always fun, I'm glad I'm not the only one who enjoys summer knitting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love your hydrangea bushes. I want some in our front yard whenever we get to landscaping. Your Camp Tolt goodies are fun. I looked them up and what a great company. Ooh, and added that top to my faves. It's lovely. My mum's been getting the girls these cute tees with lace panels in back. I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures! That Shelter is an amazing colour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Morning Mist tee is gorgeous, so fingers crossed you'll achieve the size you need! I too am a sucker for easy to memorise lace patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful pics! It looks like a really great summer! I'm really curious which color is the main in your tee.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful summer photos. They totally made me think of summer knitting (okay knitting in general!) even before there was any photo remotely craft related in there. It's a good time to indulge. Enjoy your goodies and your summertime.

    ReplyDelete

I would ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ to hear from you!