10.07.2016

5 things on friday

Why hello there! Can't believe that it's already October, my favorite month of the year. I've been having a little case of writer's block for the past few weeks so I'm hoping to jumpstart the words by writing a list of things that are making me feel all of the good fall time vibes:


Halloween Pixel Rise socks. So gruesomely fun to knit, especially when using the frankensocks Halloween edition kit by Havirland. She's a talented indie yarn dyer based here in Maryland.


Midori Traveler's Notebook. This is the planner/ journal/ scrapbook of my dreams! Even though I love the culture & style of the hobonichi planners, it was a total fail. Mainly because all of the pages are dated (of course they are! It's a daily planner duh!) which meant that I felt pressured to write something down every day. And of course I fell behind and ended up with a lot of blank pages. Which caused more guilt and avoidance etc etc. But the neat thing about the MTN is that it has different paper inserts which you can choose to customize it to your journaling/planning style. The inserts are easily removable and you can combine several different ones in the notebook. (Mine are all non-dated). All of which is held together by a beautiful leather cover which seems to get wonderfully aged with use. It feels good to be excited about journaling again.


Rhinebeck socks. No I'm not going. But a girl can dream. And wear cute stripey fall socks while she's at it.


A new weeknight mealtime game plan. One of my favorite food bloggers has just come out with her first ebook. It is filled with easy weeknight dinner recipes paired with the perfect side dishes for each. Also includes lots of yummy desserts. I think that my two guys are even more excited about this book than I am since they gobble up everything that I've ever cooked from Mel's website.


My favorite hangout spot (trader joe's) + my favorite month = everything pumpkin.

Hope that you are finding lots of reasons to celebrate this beautiful season!

12 comments:

  1. Crushing on your halloween socks <3 And yessss, pumpkin everything is the way I like to roll too, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your socks, as usual. And this little notebook looks lovely, you make me want to dust up and repurpose the many half empty notebooks in my drawers. And yeah! I can send you comments again, finally managed to understand how to do so. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post really put me more into an autumn mood than I already was! :) Love the socks and the planner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10/09/2016

    The pumpkin photo had me smiling. My girls love to try the samples. It's a must whenever we go. We tried the pumpkin pasta once; it was very good. Love your sock projects. I want some Halloween sock yarn now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite thing about Fall? Sweaters!!!! It's Sweater Weather!!!! Now, to make more sweaters to wrap up in. One good thing about the move slightly north, a 3-5 degree drop in average temps!! Maybe we need to move 10 hours further north?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of your seasonal projects. It's beginning to feel like fall here and I just came across a pumpkin maple cake that I'm going to have to put to the test this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray for halloween socks and striped socks!! It's tough finding the right sort of planner, I don't think I've never manged to completely use the same one for an entire year, but they really do appeal to me. Glad that traveller's one is working out better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your socks are always so much fun! And looking at your cute notebook, I realize that I just have to change mine :) It is so worn out and ugly already :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have to say I love everything in this post!
    Knits- of course. Those stripey socks are divine and the monster socks.
    Food blog- new to me, thank you!
    Trader Joe's- my favorite as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your pixel rise socks! They are one of my favorite examples so far, they just scream Halloween! -Sierra

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your socks but especially the pixel rise ones. Came here via Andi.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i'm sure you are finished with your pixel-socks by now....but mine are about at the spot you photographed yours. And I LOVE MY midori, too!!! Especially the way it has worn. Worn leather. One of my favorite things in the world!!! Along with PUMPKIN! Wishing I had as many choices for the fall flavor as you do.....enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete

I would ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ to hear from you!